Hey everyone! Today, I have a super quick and easy holiday decorating tutorial for you! If you are one of my crocheters, this crochet garland is a piece of cake – and if you have never crocheted before… You can totally do this ;).
Easy Crochet Garland
Here is the chunky crochet hook I’m using in the video. Using a nice solid crochet hook is really helpful for your crochet projects!
I love seeing that chunky yarn goodness on my rustic metal heart. That kind of rustic crochet down home feel is my favorite. And that green yarn color.. divine!
Finger Crochet your Garland
Here is a little video I put together of how to finger crochet this crochet garland. This a really great technique, especially for larger yarns that are hard to find hooks for! Plus, if you are not a regular crocheter, this is a great way to get that crochet look without having to buy hooks that will just sit around ;).
Here is a printable card for you with some more instructions!
- Yarn from your local store like Hobby Lobby, Joann or Michaels. The smaller white yarn is from my stash, the green and large white were from Hobby Lobby.
- Hook as recommended on the yarn label package. See the video if you want to double up strands of yarn.
- Starting with a slip knot, make your foundation chain as long as you would like the garland to be.
- Insert your hook into the 2nd chain from the hook, yarn over and pull back through. Now you have 2 loops on your hook. This is where you slip stitch, which means that you pull the loop closest to the hook end of the crochet hook through the 2nd loop.
- Tada! Continue those slip stitches all the way down the foundation chain.
- Fasten off and you're done!
This is a really quick and easy crochet garland. What really makes this crochet garland sing is the the yarn texture and colors that you pick. Keep in mind that the more textured your yarn is, the less you can see the stitch. I love this green and white combo, but you can choose all different colors that suite your holiday decor themes. I have found that Hobby Lobby has really nice yarn selection for this but all of the major craft stores will have great yarn options as well for this crochet garland. Don't forget to tag me on social media if you make some! I would love to see your crochet garlands!
That’s it! I hope you enjoyed this fast and simple crochet garland tutorial! Make sure to share and tag me on social media so that I can see!
Here’s a nice “pinable” image for you 😉