I have a new crochet scarf tutorial for you! This statement crochet scarf is a great mach to this crochet hat as well as a fun make for the chilly winter months. I know you are going to love making this warm and cozy statement crochet scarf.
Simple Statement Crochet Scarf
So cute right?! I love that it’s simple, beautiful and using a stunning yarn. You can make this in no time. You will get so many compliments with this stunning pattern, I sure do!
Beginner Scarf Patterns
I hope you enjoy making this scarf as much as I did! Let me know how it goes!
- 4 balls Loops and Threads Eco Cozy Yarn
- Begin with a slip knot and chain 22 with loose tension.
- In the 2nd chain from the hook, place a single crochet (sc). Go under the top loop and back bump. sc in each chain all the way down. Ch 1 and turn.
- Place the hook directly in the back side of the previous sc stitch and make a sc. This is the waistcoat stitch. Continue placing a sc stitch in the back of each previous sc stitch all the way down the row. Place a sc in the turning chain at the end of the row. ch 1 and turn.
- Repeat step 3 until your scarf reaches 60 inches long. Attach new balls of yarn on the ends (It took me 3 balls of yarn plus a little bit of the 4th ball)
- Fasten off your yarn. Take a long strand of yarn and using a yarn needle, whip stitch around the long edges of the scarf to create a slightly more finished edge. Do this on both long edges and weave in tails.
- Cut 10 inch strands of yarn for the fringe. You can make this as dense as you like, there will be plenty of yarn. Fold strand in half and thread the loop with your yarn needle and insert along the short end of the scarf from the back. Bring the fringe through the loop and tighten down.
- Continue this along both short sides of your scarf. Cut fringe with sharp scissors to make a clean cut edge.
- Enjoy your scarf!
yarn can be substituted if you desire. Pick another bulky (5 yarn) to get the same look. I enjoyed working with this yarn, so you won't be disappointed!