Hi Everyone! I’m super excited to share this cute little project with you! I’ve wanted to show you how to cross stitch on fabric for a long time and this seemed like a fun way to incorporate that technique.
Full Video Tutorial for Cross Stitch on Fabric Pillow
(2) Small pieces of fabric approx 10 x 10
(1) Ribbon measure approx 12 inches
Pellon Sticky Grid n Wash https://amzn.to/2slT1Zz
Waste Canvas https://amzn.to/2CbjngC
Pearl Cotton 5 https://amzn.to/2CcfY0W (Pearl Cotton 8 or Embroidery floss work too!)
Embroidery Needles https://amzn.to/2G2SZb3
Frixion pens (if you use pellon) https://amzn.to/2stnXrd
1. Find a heart template online and cut out a front and back of your pillow or door hanger using that template.
2. While you are online looking for your heart template, look for a cross stitch font that you like as well.
3.Cut a small piece of waste canvas or the sticky grid and wash and plan out your design for your phrase.
4.Attach the waste canvas or pellon sticky to your fabric, a solid fabric is great.
5.Knot your pearl cotton, thread your needle and come up on the corner. Go back down diagonally, watch the video for details if you are unsure how to cross stitch.
6.Once you are done stitching, peel apart the waste canvas or rinse off the pellon sticky in warm water. Pat dry and iron.
7. Place your ribbon on top of your heart with tails toward the edge and place your other fabric heart right sides together.
8.At the sewing maching, start on a straight side, back stitch and stitch all the way around with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. Go slow around the curves of the heart.
9.leave a 1.5 -2 inch opening and back stitch
10.Flip right side out and press
11. Fill with stuffing and hand stitch closed or make a small stitch around the entire heart to finish it up and close up the hole.
What do you think of this little heart project! It’s fun for Valentine’s Day coming up, but also can be made any time of the year! Here’s another type of love note pillow tutorial for you as well! https://melaniekham.com/love-note-pillow-tutorial/