Hi everyone! It’s officially October and we are headed into the fall and winter season, perfect for a new crochet project! Introducing the crochet berry blanket tutorial ;). This crochet blanket is beginner friendly, meditative and doesn’t require a lot of counting. Make this while you watch movies or sports or while hanging with your family on the couch.
Crochet Berry Blanket Tips
If you would like to learn how to make the berry stitch in more detail, I created an entire video for teaching the berry stitch. If you remember in that post, I recommend using a hook size 2 larger than what is recommended on the package.
Other Great Crochet Blanket Tutorials
- 4 balls (380 yd) worsted weight yarn in background color.
- 1 ball (380 yd) worsted weight yarn in Color A
- 1 ball (380 yd) worsted weight yarn in Color B
- 1 ball (380 yd) worsted weight yarn in Color C
- J/6mm Crochet hook (or 1 to 2 sizes larger than package recommendation)
- Start with a slip knot with background color and create a foundation chain of 164
- In the 2nd chain from hook, single crochet (sc) in each chain to the end.
- ch 1, turn work and sc in each stitch all the way down for row 2. Repeat for row 3 for a total of 3 rows of sc stitches.
- switch to color A, ch 1 and turn. sc in first stitch, 1 berry stitch and alternate these stitches. You should end with a sc stitch.
- switch back to background color and create 3 rows of sc stitches.
- switch to color B and create another berry row, repeating in this fashion to incorporate all of the accent colors. Your last berry row will be color C, followed by the last 3 rows of sc. ( 13 rows of Color A, 13 rows of Color B, 13 rows of Color C). There will be 120 rows of background color.
- Once you have completed the main body of the blanket, do not fasten off the background color, but using a yarn needle weave in all the tails of the color changes.
- Once tails are woven in, create a slip stitch border all the way around the blanket to finish. Fasten off and weave in those tails.
I used Big Twist Value yarn from Joann. This yarn is very similar to red heart super saver or vanna's choice type of yarn.
Colors I used: Background is cream, Color A is light rose, Color B is eggplant and Color C is mustard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.