Hi Everyone! I’ve got a beginner crochet cotton washcloth tutorial for you today! Do you follow me on instagram? We have lots of fun over there. The other day I was showing this washcloth I had made and I got SO many requests for a tutorial, so here it is! It looks like a complicated stitch, but it’s not. Very beginner friendly and quick! Scroll to the bottom to see the video tutorial!
Beginner Crochet Cotton Washcloth
- 100% cotton yarn of choice. Debbie Bliss, Ice Yarn, and Milla Mia are some of my favorites
- Coordinating hook (see size on the package) My absolute favorite hooks are the Clover Amour – worth every penny.
- Yarn needle
- Start with a slip knot
- Create your foundation chain, I recommend 7-9 inches for a washcloth. Feel free to make adjustments. The multiples do not matter for this project.
- In the 3rd chain from hook, place a double crochet (dc)
- In the next foundation chain, place a single crochet (sc)
- Alternate the dc, sc all the way to the end of the foundation chain. This completes your first row.
- If you end with a sc: chain 2, turn your work and place a dc in the first stitch and continue with the same alternating stitch. If you end with a dc: chain 1, turn work and sc in the first stitch. *See video for visual reference if needed.
- Continue until you make the washcloth your desired size.
- Fasten off and weave in ends with your yarn needle.
What do you think? I hope you enjoy this quick, easy and practical beginner crochet cotton washcloth tutorial. We have a ton of these around the house and they are so great! Not only for cleaning, but for practicing stitches and using up yarn ;).
Want another washcloth pattern? Check this one out!